Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Cache is NOT at the posted coordinates. It is within 3.5 miles.
Solve the puzzle below to determine the actual cache location.
It all started back in early June. I was sitting on hold with the reservations desk at Yosemite. I had been on hold for a good fifteen minutes (this is a toll call, mind you,) listening to their inane muzak and little factoids on the speakerphone as I worked. After three or four cycles of their factoids, I was struck by one of these factoids, and I found myself browsing the web. Over the next half hour, as I remained on hold (what kind of service is that?) I noted the following items. See if you can make sense of them.
- What on earth is an SGML syntax-directed editing system? (Don't we all use XML instead of SGML at this point?)
- I need to pick a quality management system consultant. I wonder how I would go about doing that...there must be some guidelines somewhere.
- I'm using a flat panel monitor...are there any ergonomic requirements I should be aware of?
- Hmm...how many needles would I need for a knitting machine, especially a circular one with a large nominal diameter?
- I didn't know that steel gate valves could be bolted and even bonnetted!
- What exactly are cashew kernels, anyway?
(This cache has been on hold for almost four months now, as I struggled with an appropriate puzzle to go with the theme. The container has been in place (dare I say on hold?) for over two months. I originally rejected this particular puzzle as being a little too tedious for the puzzlers in this area. In the end, I decided that tedium was in theme with the cache title. )
[10/8/05 -- Upped difficulty to 3 at kablooey's suggestion, added a more specific checksum, added a puzzle hint, and tweaked bullets two and six a bit to help remove some ambiguities.]
[Checksum] Fhz bs nyy bs gur qvtvgf va gur pbbeqvangrf vf svsgl svir.
[Puzzle] Tbbtyr jvyy uryc lbh trg fgnegrq, ohg frnepuvat ng gur zbfg nhgubevgngvir fbhepr jvyy uryc lbh svavfu.
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:21:29 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:21 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum