How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A leisurely 30 minute roundtrip walk in beautiful Tibbets Brook Park near lake, swimming pool, picnic areas and nice paved paths. Requires answering some fairly difficult questions related to technology and science to get the coordinates.
The coordinates are for one of the parking lots in the park. You will need to answer the questions and follow the directions below to get the actual cache coordinates.
This cache is an ammo box initially filled with some somewhat older, but still very useful techno-gadgets. For this reason, we have chosen a number of technology-based questions:
1. How old was Albert Einstein was when he published his Special Theory of Relativity (pay attention only to the years)?
2. In what year was the single transistor DRAM first created?
3. In what year was the first cellular phone call made?
4. In what year was the CD invented?
5. What base 10 number does this binary number represent: 111000?
Latitude: Add the last two digits from answers 1 and 2 and the number from answer 5 to get a 3 digit number. Divide this 3 digit number by 1000 and add it to the minutes in 40 degrees 55.186 minutes.
Longitude: Add the last two digits from answers 3 and 4 and the number from answer 5 to get another 3 digit number. Divide this 3 digit number by 1000 and add it to the minutes in 73 degrees 52.652 minutes.
DO NOT ADD THE ANSWERS TO THE COORDINATES OF THE PARKING LOT.
[Help on the questions]
1. Nyoreg jnf obea va rvtugrra friragl-avar.
2. Qbar ol Obo Qraneq ng VOZ'f GW Jngfba Erfrnepu Pragre.
3. Gur pnyy jnf znqr ol vgf vairagbe, Znegva Pbbcre.
4. Gur PQ jnf vairagrq ol Wnzrf Ehffryy.
5. Ovanel ahzoref ner onfr gjb naq havirefnyyl hfrq ol pbzchgref.
Qba'g snyy nyy bire lbhefrys gelvat gb svaq guvf bar.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum