There are 87 Counties in the state of Minnesota
||Lac Qui Parle
||Lake of the Woods
Minnesota Challenge: 87 Counties
What is the County Cache Challenge?
The goal of this cache is simple: To find a cache in every county in Minnesota
The final cache coordinates can be obtained by successfully finding or having hidden a cache in each of Minnesota's 87 counties.
In order to claim this cache, you must first send me a file containing all of your qualifying hides and finds. (.GPX format is preferred or .LOC if you filter out your locationless, event and CITO caches ahead of time for me. At a minimum I need a list containing cache name, waypoint, and coordinates.) I will review the list in order to verify the caches. Once everything checks out, I will then send you the correct coordinates for the final cache! The find cannot be logged until the physical container is found and the logbook inside signed.
Some guidelines need to be laid out:
- The posted coordinates are not the actual coordinates for the cache. The cache may actually be several miles from these coordinates!
- Generally accepted rules, guidelines and conditions for logging a cache find apply. These must be bona fide caches listed on Geocaching.com that you have personally (physically) found and logged. You may include caches found or hidden prior to the creation of the County Cache Challenge so long as they meet all other Challenge requirements.
- Placement of a cache counts the same as finding a cache, but only if it was placed prior to July 1, 2006. Hides placed by the seeker after this date do not count toward the Challenge, unless there are NO prior caches in the county. All caches must meet the geocaching.com guidelines and be published. In particular, the guideline regarding 'vacation caches' must be followed."
- All cache types count as finds or hides for the County Cache Challenge with the exception of events (CITO included) and locationless caches.
- While you may have others with you when you find the final cache, only those who have fulfilled ALL criteria for this cache will be allowed to log it as a find. Find logs by other cachers will be deleted.
- When in doubt ask - we can discuss it or even seek guidance from others, but the final decision rests with the cache owner.
- Remember that this is a game and is supposed to be fun!
The final cache is located in a city park in the metro area.
8. Jonas and Julia