(note: this cache container has room for small trade or travel items)
Many of the people you will find near this cache are fully aware of it and may, if asked, even provide some assistance in helping you solve it - but be certain to ask the right people - muggles abound!
To find this cache, you will need to solve some puzzles: here is the first:
After you find all the words, translate the remaining letters into numbers using the code and place them in order in the blanks. If the coordinates you get are not within a mile of the posted coordinates, try again - you have got the wrong numbers or put them in the wrong order. Use the line numbers on the left edge as a guide.
At the location found in clue #1, turn to face an item with writing on it. Use the hints below to find six values:
- A = The last character in the bottom, right corner
- B = The number of leaflets in each of the four leaves depicted
- C = The number that is paired in a date before 2000 (we need only one of the pair)
- D = The number of words in a state-shaped outline
- E = The first numeral of the most recent date given
- F = the numerical value of the roman numeral
Arrange the results in the form: A B C . D E F
The meaning of this number may not be clear to you. Look around for a place that might have information.
If you still need help, go to N 39° 12.221' W 083° 37.271' and proceed westward until your GPSr cannot get a signal. Stop. Look around.
(no need for a compass if you have a general idea where west is - directions are not critical to tenths of a second or anything)
You can check your answers for the first puzzle on Geochecker.com.