Holly Oak 2 A-bridged version
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Holly Oak 2 The a-bridged version
Holly Oak 2 starts at Maxstoke Church Hall where there is ample parking.
The location of the car park is N52 28.781 W001 39.246
Once parked it is necessary to cross the road to the church opposite. It is a busy road at times so great care must be taken especially with children. To arrive at the correct location of the first part of the cache ( a micro, 35mm film container) you will need to gather some information from the churchyard. There should be no need to wander far off of the path so your activity should not attract any attention from muggles.
The location of the church gate is N52 28.767 W001 39.240
1. Find the namesake of a famous bookmaker on one of the gravestones. How old was he when he died? = AB. And in what year did he die? =CDEF.
2. Find a gravestone that has the forename George and the surname of a famous poet. In what year did this gentleman die? = GHIJ
3. The gravestone of Kathleen Hall tells us her age when she died. What age was she? = KL.
4. Now find the gravestone where the surname is that of a religious chess piece. His first name was Robert, but when was he born? Take each digit in turn and apply as =MNOPQR and in the same way apply the digits for the date of his death? =STUVWX.
5. On one of the church gates there is a small plaque which tells us that the gates were made by Johan G Elward in memory of his wife Violet, but in which year? = 19YZ.
If you have found all of the relevant ages and dates you should have a number that relates to each letter of the alphabet.
The co ordinates for the micro are N52 SX.DBR W001 TK.CPW. There is no need to leave the public footpaths to find either the micro or the final.The micro is a 35mm film canister and the final is an ammo box.
Be aware that you will also need the answers to the graveyard quiz to de code the final cache co ordinates.
Zvpeb - 35zz svyz pnavfgre ng onfr bs unaq envy cbfg
Svany - Haqre gur ubyyl ohfu va sebag bs na bnx gerr
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum