The ruins of Lipowiec Castle is situated on a high, rocky ridge of Garb Tenczynski, west of the Kraków Upland.
The cache is hidden close to these ruins. It is uncertain when the first fortifications were established, but it is certain that in 1243 a watch tower was built here by bishop Prandota. The castle was residence for Kraków bishops until 1443 when the seat of the bishops was moved to the castle in Siewierz. The Lipowiec castle then turned into a prison for clergymen. The castle served as a prison up until the late 18th century (in periods) and only one successful escape was recorded. Later (in 1655) the Swedish army took over the castle and made it the seat of the governor of Kraków, but when they withdrew two years later they burned down the all the buildings.
The castle was reconstructed and again it was turned into a prison. It was not until 1789, when Autrian troops occupied the castle, that it stopped serving as a prison. The castle was badly damaged by fire in 1800, but remained inhabited ut to the mid-19th century. Today the ruins of the castle functions as a museum and it is possible to visit even the tallest tower (which offers great view!).
The cache itself is hidden in the forest next to the castle.
Close to the castle you'll find the etnographic museum in Wygielzów, also worth a visit.
Inside the castle
Initially the cache was published at GPSgames.