What the heck?: Kick off the New Year with a little evil! A Geocaching Event to help you trade in that present that didn't quite work for you, for something new and exciting! Join us for an exciting afternoon of caching, regifting and fun for everyone! This was an event born out of the fact that we get lots of gifts each year that we would like to regift! Plus, I have an awesome container and couldn't figure out what to do with it. So, what the heck! Let's do an event to kick off the year!
Where: Picnic Shelter @ Waterloo Park, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (Coords posted are approx. Parking is available in several locations - Check Waypoints at the bottom of the page.
When: New Year's Day, 11:30am to 4:00pm (Approx - Upped the difficulty to 3 because of the start time! Might be trouble for some!)
11:30 to 12:30 - Registration
12:30pm - Groups head out into the park and hide their "cache" anywhere inside the park grounds. Groups have 30 minutes to hide and return with Coordinates.
1:00pm - All groups return to the Picnic Shelter and submit Coordinates. BBQ and Potluck Lunch begins! TB and coin exchange is available as well.
1:30pm - Kids Cache Course is open. All kids 15 and under with adult supervision are welcome to try the cache course! At the end of the course will be a container with Tickets. Bring a ticket back to the Picnic Area to receive a gift! Evil event caches will be open as well.
2:30pm - Drawing of Coordinates: Each group picks out Coordinates from a "hat" and they go off in search of the "Cache"! Once you have made the find, head back to the Shelter to check out! - PLEASE BRING ALL CONTAINERS BACK AS WELL!
4:00pm - Event ends. Please log your find on the page and include what you received!
- beelow is the main organizer and kids cache course coordinator eelow will be coordinating the food during the event
- many others are helping out too! Thanks!
- Each cacher (or family/group) that attends is asked to bring a gift of any size to "regift" to another cacher as well as an unopened small gift for kids (under $5.00 or so - please bring the same amount of kids gifts as you have children. ie: 2 kids = 2 gifts. Kids can regift too!). If you have no children it would be great if you brought a kid gift as well, but you aren't obligated. Any extra kids gifts will be donated after the event to a charity!
- Your "regift" can be an actual regift (which is always fun) or if you got everything you wanted you can purchase something! Gifts can be large or small, expensive or inexpensive! It's up to you what you regift! You can include a note or make it anonymous! You will need a watertight container to put the main gift in!
- If you wish to get your container back, please make sure you pick it up after the event. Any left over containers will be put to good use later on!
- This is a Pot-Luck event (with BBQ if needed) so please bring along a dish.
- Portable BBQ (will be on hand if you want to bring something!) - Geocite & Ted
- Paper Plates, Forks, Knives, etc - Muddy Mae and Max Power
- Papertowels/Napkins - eelow & beelow
- Kids Cache Course - beelow & Geocite
- Large Coffee Maker - Geocite and Plastic Cups (Maybe 2, one for Coffee and one for Hot Chocolate) - beelow & eelow
- Drinks - Sargents (pop and juice)
- Travel Bug Exchange Coordinator - beelow
- Registration Helper - delliot33
List of Attendees :
- The Blue Quasar
- Geocite Family
- TNC Group
- The CEO
- Muddy Mae and Max Power
- cache lizzy and joel
- Amazon Annie
- Buttons and Beaux
- Hubbs-3 and Country Girl-3
- dex4, Mrs Dex and Grandson