How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The clues for this cache are based on TV detective series over the years. Google will obviously come in useful! So lets go back in time and what more appropriate place to start than Back Lane where you will find a parking spot at the co ordinates provided. You will need to do a bit of detective work to find the answers to the following questions.Once solved you will have the co ordinates for a 35mm micro cache.
For the next two digits you need to solve the following and test your memory!
- An intuitive detective, _______often investigated his cases by watching and listening, moving slowly through his list of suspects until someone made a slip or broke down and confessed. He was a man of infinite patience. The music was composed by Ron Grainer, including the memorable Paris street accordion accompanying the opening shot of a match being struck on a wall and the light flickering across _________face as he lights his pipe. Now find the name of the actor who played this detective, count the letters, double them and add 1.
Then, for the next three digits
- This popular detective series featured a Dutch detective. In which year was it first aired on television: 197_
- What was the nickname of the man who parked the cars at Dino’s Restaurant in the series 77 Sunset Strip and who was often seen snapping his fingers and combing his hair? Number of letters please.
- In this strong series from 1979 to 1980.___________starred as the rumpled private detective with a history of mental illness who took on a problem-solving phone-in programme on Radio West, a local station in Bristol, in the west of England. Erica Bayliss was a lawyer and his landlady and girlfriend, while Don Satchley (Michael Medwin) was the long-suffering boss of the radio station. Number of letters in the last name of the actor who played the private detective?
- add together the names of the actors who play the following parts in this detective series: Jim Taggart, Michael Jardine, Jackie Reid. Then add 1 to get your next two digits.
- Number of letters in the name of the detective series that starred Edward Woodward and featured Russell Hunter as “Lonely”.
- In the series The Saint, Roger Moore drove a white Volvo ____ during the series. Add together these numbers to find the next digit..
- Also in The Saint, how many letters in the last name of the character?
The cache is a 0.4 litre beaker with a screw top lid and when placed it contained a fine selection of goodies including a first to find Sir Galahad of Warwick souvenir geo coin There is a firm track for most of the way to the cache, but the final stretch could be pretty muddy.
1. Zvpeb va gur gbc bs n gerr fghzc
2. Svany ng Onfr bs na bnx gerr, arkg gb n cbaq
- DETECT-A-CACHEMontage of Detectives
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum