Details for Benchmark: AA0216
N 24° 43.617 W 081° 23.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- N 328
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
23.6 MI SW FROM MARATHON. ABOUT 19.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 1 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MARATHON, THENCE ABOUT 4.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 940, ABOUT 0.3 MILE NORTH OF THE JUNCTION OF KYLE BLVD., 84 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AT A POINT WHERE THE HIGHWAY TERMINATES, SET IN OUTCROPPING ROCK FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, 78 FEET SOUTH OF THE EXTENDED LINE AT THE NORTH END OF THE HIGHWAY, 20 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER LINE OF A TRACK ROAD LEADING NORTH TO THE NORTH END OF BIG PINE KEY, 100 FEET SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF DRAINAGE DITCHES CUT THRU ROCK, 1.6 FEET EAST OF A 1 1/2-FOOT WIDE DRAINAGE DITCH WHICH HAS BEEN CUT THRU THE ROCK, AND ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1982 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1982
ABOUT 19.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HWY 1 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MARATHON THENCE ABOUT 4.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 940, ABOUT 0.3 MILE NORTH OF THE JUNCTION OF KYLE BLVD. ON BIG PINE KEY, 84 FEET WEST OF HIGHWAY SET IN OUTCROPPING ROCK FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. 100 FEET SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF DRAINAGE DITCHES CUT THRU ROCK, 1.6 FEET EAST OF A 1 1/2 WIDE DITCH AND ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984
STATE HIGHWAY 940 READ ''COUNTY ROAD 940 ALSO KNOW AS KEY DEER BOULEVARD.''
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (HGB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.