Details for Benchmark: AA0377
N 24° 48.167 W 080° 51.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- P 69 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1936 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
2.7 MI SW FROM LAYTON. 2.7 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 1 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT LAYTON, AT THE NORTHEAST END OF LONG KEY BRIDGE OVER LONG KEY CHANNEL, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST CONCRETE WING WALL, 18 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTH EAST GUARD RAIL FOR BRIDGE, AND ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY. TIDAL LIST FLORIDA 2-24. NOTE-- THE MARK IS DIRECTLY UNDER A WOODEN WALKWAY ALONG THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF BRIDGE. TO LEVEL TO WITH ROD THE BOARD DIRECTLY OVER THE DISK MUST BE REMOVED.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
MARK IS INACCESSIBLE BECAUSE OF WOODEN WALKWAY BUILT OVER IT.
|01/01/1982 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT CHANGE EAST CONCRETE WINGWALL TO SOUTHEAST CONCRETE WINGWALL.
|01/01/1983 by LOCSUR (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1983
LOCATED 2.7 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG US HIGHWAY 1 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT LAYTON, AT THE NORTHEAST END OF THE OLD LONG KEY BRIDGE OVER LONG KEY CHANNEL, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST CONCRETE WING WALL, 18 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST GUARD RAIL FOR BRIDGE, AND ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, THE MARK IS SO POOR THAT THREE TRACING FAILED TO REVEAL ITS IDENTIFICATION WHICH WAS, HOWEVER, VISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE. WOODEN CAT WALK BOARD WAS REMOVED AND REPLACED AFTER TRACINGS.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (TD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (TD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|10/19/1990 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1990
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AND AS DESCRIBED EXCEPT CHANGE EAST CONCRETE WINGWALL TO SOUTHEAST CONCRETE WINGWALL AND THE MARK IS IN THE OLD U.S. HIGHWAY 1 BRIDGE, A NEW BRIDGE HAS BEEN BUILT NORTH OF THE OLD BRIDGE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1994.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 10889 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.