Details for Benchmark: AA0388
N 24° 50.367 W 080° 46.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- M 69
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
5.1 MI NE FROM LONG KEY. LOCATED 5.1 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG F.E.C. RWY. OF THE STATION OF LONG KEY, AT NORTHEAST END OF LONG KEY ISLAND, 302 YARDS WEST OF MILE POST 452, STANDARD TABLET SET IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF HEADWALL AT SOUTHWEST END OF CONCRETE ARCH BRIDGE WITH DRAW BRIDGE IN MIDDLE OF IT 3.4 FT. SOUTH OF SOUTH RAIL OF TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.