Details for Benchmark: AA0724
N 24° 39.741 W 081° 30.866 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- 872 4332 G TIDAL
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1982 by FLDNR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1982
19.65 MI NE FROM KEY WEST. BEGIN AT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AT KEY WEST, GO 19.65 MILES NOTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 1 TO THE EAST END OF THE BOW CHANNEL BRIDGE AT CUDJOE KEY. THE MARK IS SET FLUSH IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE GUARDRAIL. THE MARK BEARS 19.2 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND 0.7 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE GUARDRAIL. THE MARK IS 3.0 FT ABOVE HIGHWAY.
|1/1/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984
MARK IS LOCATED ON THE SOUTH PARAPET AT THE EAST END OF BOW CHANNEL BRIDGE 900115 WHICH IS THE NEWER BRIDGE OVER BOW CHANNEL BETWEEN SUGARLOAF KEY AND CUDJOE KEY. THE OLD BRIDGE BR 9 A REMAINS FOR PEDESTRIAN USE IMMEDIATLEY SOUTH OF THE NEWER BRIDGE. MARK IS 19.65 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY NO. 1 FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN KEY WEST.
|1/1/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (JHF)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|9/26/1990 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1990
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|2/16/1994 by KEISCH (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY KEITH AND SCHNARS - LAKELAND 1994 (MDE)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE WEST SIDE OF CUDJOE KEY AT THE EAST END OF THE U.S. 1 BRIDGE OVER BOW CHANNEL IN MONROE COUNTY, FLORIDA.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE ON SUMERLAND KEY, GO WEST ON U.S. 1 FOR 4.3 MI (6.9 KM) TO THE EAST SIDE OF THE U.S. 1 BRIDGE OVER BOW CHANNEL AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION LIES IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BRIDGE, 0.6 MI (1.0 KM) WEST OF MILE MARKER 21, 28.3 FT (8.6 M) WEST OF THE CUDJOE KEY SIGN, AND 19.3 FT (5.9 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. 1. THE STATION IS A NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE BENCHMARK DISC SET IN A CONCRETE BRIDGE RAIL, STAMPED "4332 G 1982." REFERENCES-- KEITH AND SCHNARS NAIL AND DISC, SET IN THE TOP OF A WOOD GUARDRAIL POST, MAGNETIC AZIMUTH OF 79 DEGREES AT 62.72 FT (19.12 M) . FOUND A NOS BENCHMARK DISC SET IN THE CONCRETE FOOTING OF A BRIDGE, STAMPED "4332 H," MAGNETIC AZIMUTH OF 232 DEGREES AT 10.65 FT (3.25 M) . FOUND A FLA D.O.T. SURVEY MARKER SET IN A CONCRETE BRIDGE RAIL, STAMPED "4332 F 1982," MAGNETIC AZIMUTH OF 327 DEGREES AT 39.89 FT (12.16 M) . SET CARSONITE WITNESS POST, MAGNETIC AZIMUTH OF 88 DEGREES AT 14.7 FT (4.5 M) .
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 6956 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.