Details for Benchmark: AA0748
N 24° 36.183 W 081° 34.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- 872 4375 G TIDAL
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1982 by FLDNR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1982
5.0 MI SOUTH FROM SUGARLOAF SHORES. BEGIN AT THE POST OFFICE IN SUGARLOAF SHORES, GO 0.1 MILE SOUTHWEST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 1 TO COUNTY ROAD C-939 (SUGARLOAF BOULEVARD), GO 2.65 MILES SOUTHEAST ON C-939 TO A T-JUNCTION, GO 2.5 MILES SOUTHWEST ON C-939 TO THE BRIDGE OVER SUGARLOAF CREEK. THE MARK BEARS 5.1 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE BRIDGE, 13.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF C-939, AND 0.7 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF THE GUARDRAIL. THE MARK IS 1 FT ABOVE ROAD.
|11/8/1988 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AND AS DESCRIBED EXCEPT GO SOUTHWEST ON COUNTY ROAD C-939 (SUGARLOAF BOULEVARD) FOR 3.86 KM (2.40 MI) TO THE BRIDGE.
|1/1/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (JHF)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 7039 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.