Details for Benchmark: AA0808
N 24° 50.517 W 080° 45.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- 872 3868 TIDAL 3
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1975 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1982 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1982
10.2 MI SW FROM ISLAMORADA. BEGIN AT THE POST OFFICE IN ISLAMORADA, GO 10.25 MILES SOUTHWEST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 1 TO THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE BRIDGE OVER CHANNEL NO 2 AND THE MARK. THE MARK IS SET IN THE NORTHWEST CURB OF THE OLD HIGHWAY BRIDGE NOW USED AS A FISHING PIER, 11.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE OLD BRIDGE, AND 11 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTH WEST END OF THE BRIDGE. THE MARK IS 1 FT ABOVE OLD HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 10917 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.