Details for Benchmark: AA0898
N 24° 39.317 W 081° 16.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- 872 4138 F TIDAL
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1982 by FLDNR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1982
13.4 MI SW FROM MARATHON. THE MARK IS AT BAHIA HONDA STATE RECREATION AREA, NEAR THE TACKLE SHOP THE MARK BEARS 4.35 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE WEST CORNER OF THE TACKLE SHOP, 0.5 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF THE STAIRS BEHIND THE TACKLE SHOP, 16.5 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF THE PARKING LOT, AND 35.35 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE DIVE SHOP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 6365 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.