Details for Benchmark: AA0917
N 24° 32.717 W 081° 46.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- 872 4557 TIDAL 5
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1974 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1982 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1982
IN KEY WEST. IN KEY WEST, THE MARK IS LOCATED ON THE WHITE STREET PIER AT THE EXTREME SOUTH END OF WHITE STREET. THE MARK IS SET ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE PIER, 1 FOOT WEST OF THE NORTH/SOUTH SIDEWALK, AND 8 FEET WEST OF THE FIRST LIGHT POLE ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE PIER. THE MARK IS 1 FT ABOVE ROAD.
|12/31/1988 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 9626 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.