Details for Benchmark: AA1236
N 24° 33.543 W 081° 48.486 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- IVY 1935
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (WHB)
THE STATION IS ON THE WESTERN END OF THE ISLAND OF KEY WEST, ON THE MOST NW CORNER OF THE LIGHTHOUSE DEPOT DOCK, 17.7 METERS NW OF THE NW CORNER OF THE GARAGES ON N SIDE OF SHOPS, 10.73 METERS FROM N EDGE OF DOCK, 10.77 METERS FROM WESTERN EDGE OF DOCK, AND 15.47 METERS FROM N END OF SLIP ON THE S.
A STANDARD DISK WAS SET FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE OF THE CONCRETE PAVEMENT OF THE DOCK.
(LOCATION OF STATION BY THE THREE-POINT PROBLEM).
|1/1/1943 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943 (RLS)
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE AND CORRECT. STATION IS IN GOOD CONDITION.
|1/1/1954 by USCG (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US COAST GUARD 1954 (WEC)
LETTER OF CAPT. W. E. CREEDON, CHIEF, ENGINEERING DIVISION, U.S. COAST GUARD BASE, KEY WEST, FLORIDA, DATED 6 JANUARY 1954--
THE STATION MARK HAS BEEN COVERED BY A NEW CONCRETE SLAB. IT IS 35.375 FT. SE OF A DRILL HOLE IN THE CENTER OF A C. I. BOLLARD IN THE NW CORNER OF PIER A, 58.53 FT. NE OF A DRILL HOLE IN THE CENTER OF A C. I. BOLLARD IN THE W END OF PIER A, AND 70.385 FT. NW OF THE SW CORNER OF A VERTICAL STREET CHANNEL IN THE NW CORNER OF BUILDING 29 A.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.