Details for Benchmark: AA1796
N 24° 33.504 W 081° 48.504 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- PIER A
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||dukemartin couldn't find AA1796
Could not see it today. Appears pier has been redone with newer concrete and red bricks.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1981 (RHH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON PIER A AT THE WEST END OF KEY WEST.
TO REACH FROM THE COURTHOUSE IN KEY WEST GO NORTHWEST ON WHITEHEAD ST. FOR 0.48 KM (0.3 MI) TO A REVERSE Y-FORK, TURN SHARP LEFT AND GO SOUTH FOR 100 FT. TO A ROAD RIGHT, TURN RIGHT PASSING THRU A GATE AND GO WEST WORKING WAY THRU PARKING AREA FOR 0.16 KM (0.1 MI) TO SOUTHWEST CORNER OF PIER AND STATION.
THE STATION IS A NOS BRASS DISK STAMPED---PIER A 1981---, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE WESTERY MOST CORNER OF PIER A.
IT IS LOCATED, 1.86 METERS (6.1 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM THE NORTHWEST END OF PIER A, 1.80 METERS (5.9 FT) NORTHEAST FROM SOUTHWEST SIDE OF PIER A, 1.07 METERS (3.5 FT) EAST FROM THE CENTER OF THE BOLLARD IN THE WEST CORNER OF PIER A.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT SHOWN WAS 1.5 METERS. DESCRIBED BY MWJ.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1993.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.