Details for Benchmark: AA2122
N 42° 50.270 W 108° 43.039 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by WYDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993
NOTE--STATION IS AN OFFCENTER PUNCH MARK IN A TRIANGLE OVER THE LETTER A IN HART. STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 KM (1.25 MI) EAST OF LANDER, 1 KM (0.60 MI) SOUTHWEST OF THE WYOMING STATE TRAINING SCHOOL, ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 789, ON THE SOUTHEASTERN RIGHT-OF-WAY, ADJACENT TO A FIELD, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 17, T 53 N, R 1 E. OWNERSHIP--WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 287 AND STATE HIGHWAY 789 ON THE EAST SIDE OF LANDER, GO NORTHEAST ON HIGHWAY 789 FOR 0.94 KM (0.60 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, 0.13 KM (0.10 MI) BEFORE REACHING A PAVED ROAD RIGHT LEADING TO THE TRAINING SCHOOL. STATION MARK IS A PUNCH HOLE IN AN OFFSET TRIANGLE ON A DISK ATTACHED TO A ROD IN A PIPE WITH LOGO CAP SET IN CONCRETE PROJECTING 1 CM ABOVE GROUND. IT IS 12.2 M (40.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF, AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY CURB, 0.8 M (2.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST IN THE FENCELINE, 25 M (82.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF SHRINE CLUB ROAD ACROSS THE HIGHWAY, AND 64.2 M (210.6 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A DOUBLE PIPE GATE AT THE FIELD ENTRANCE. DESCRIBED BY G.R.HEID
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1994.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.