Details for Benchmark: AA2817
N 34° 26.828 W 084° 27.279 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PICKENS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- FAA JZP A
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (CFS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 50.0 MI (80.5 KM) SOUTHEAST OF DALTON, 30.0 MI (48.3 KM) NORTHWEST OF MARIETTA, 3.0 MI (4.8 KM) SOUTHWEST OF JASPER AND AT THE PICKENS COUNTY AIRPORT. OWNERSHIP--PICKENS COUNTY, AIRPORT MANAGER, J. W. MURPHY. PHONE (706) 692-9927. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 5/515 AND COUNTY ROAD 75 (CAMP ROAD) WHICH IS THE FIRST ROAD NORTH OF JASPER JEEP DEALERSHIP (CHEVROLET DEALERSHIP ON THE EAST SIDE OF JUNCTION), GO WEST ON COUNTY ROAD 75 (CAMP ROAD) FOR 0.25 MI (0.40 KM) TO UPPER SALEM CHURCH ROAD ON THE LEFT, TURN LEFT ON UPPER SALEM CHURCH ROAD FOR 0.35 MI (0.56 KM) TO A PAVED ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) ON PAVED ROAD TO BROWN FRAME BUILDING. AFTER OBTAINING COURTESY CLEARANCE FROM AIRPORT PERSONNEL (NO ESCORT NEEDED)CONTINUE SOUTHEAST PAST BUILDING ON SHORT GRAVELED ROAD THAT LEADS TO APRON AND TAXIWAY. CONTINUE EAST ON TAXIWAY FOR 0.1 MILE (0.2 KM) TO THE RUNWAY. TURN RIGHT, UPHILL AND SOUTH, FOR 0.4 MI (0.6 KM) TO THE END OF RUNWAY AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT IN GRASS AREA BOUNDED BY PAVED TURNAROUND. THE STATION IS 125.0 FT (38.1 M) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF RUNWAY, 90.4 FT (27.6 M) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST FROM THE NORTH CENTERLINE OF A PLANE TURNAROUND, 77 FT (23.5 M) EAST OF THE WEST CENTERLINE OF SAME, 49.5 FT (15.1 M) NORTH FROM THE SOUTH CENTERLINE OF SAME, 21.4 FT (6.5 M) SOUTHEAST OF A DRAIN, 21 FT (6.4 M) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A BLUE LANDING LIGHT AND 1.6 FT (0.5 M) NORTH OF A WITNESS POST.
- This mark is at Pickens County Airport (JZP)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.