Details for Benchmark: AA2822
N 34° 27.301 W 084° 27.555 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PICKENS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 112 034
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|04/07/1994 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (CFS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 50.0 MI (80.5 KM) SOUTHEAST OF DALTON, 30.0 MI (48.3 KM) NORTHWEST OF MARIETTA, 3.0 MI (4.8 KM) SOUTHWEST OF JASPER AND AT THE PICKENS COUNTY AIRPORT. OWNERSHIP--PICKENS COUNTY, AIRPORT MANAGER, J. W. MURPHY. PHONE (706) 692-9927. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 5/515 AND COUNTY ROAD 75 (CAMP ROAD) WHICH IS THE FIRST ROAD NORTH OF JASPER JEEP DEALERSHIP (CHEVROLET DEALERSHIP AT JUNCTION ON EAST SIDE OF HWY), GO WEST ON COUNTY ROAD 75 FOR 0.25 MI (0.40 KM) TO UPPER SALEM CHURCH ROAD ON THE LEFT, TURN LEFT ON UPPER SALEM CHURCH ROAD FOR 0.35 MI (0.56 KM) TO A PAVED ROAD ON THE LEFT, TURN LEFT TO GRAVELED DRIVE IMMEDIATELY ON LEFT, TURN LEFT ON GRAVELED DRIVE AND GO UPHILL 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO BROWN AND TAN MOBILE HOME AND AND THE STATION AROUND BACK. THE STATION IS RECESSED 6 CM BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. LOCATED 171.0 FT (52.1 M) EAST-NORTHEAST OF ORANGE AND WHITE TOWER WITH 3 GUY WIRES, 17.0 FT (5.2 M) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE MOBILE HOME AND 2.7 FT (0.8 M) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST.
- This mark is at Pickens County Airport (JZP)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.