Details for Benchmark: AA3418
N 39° 10.644 W 105° 00.198 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by MSAM (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MOUNTAIN SURVEYING 1993 (KCH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 16 MILES (25.7 KM) SOUTHWEST OF CASTLE ROCK, COLORADO, IN THE PIKE NATIONAL FOREST, ON THE WEST SIDE OF FOREST SERVICE ROAD 327, IN SECTION 16 TOWNSHIP 10 SOUTH, RANGE 68 WEST OF THE 6TH P.M., OWNERSHIP-- US FOREST. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 85 (SANTA FE DRIVE)AND STATE HIGHWAY 67 IN SEDALIA, GO SOUTHWEST ON STATE HIGHWAY 67 FOR 9.5 MILES (15.3 KM) TO RAMPART RANGE ROAD (FOREST SERVICE ROAD 300)ON THE SOUTH, GO SOUTH ON RAMPART RANGE ROAD FOR 21.4 MILES (34.4 KM) TO FOREST SERVICE ROAD 327 ON THE EAST, GO EAST ON FOREST SERVICE ROAD 327 FOR 1.95 MILES (3.14 KM) TO A DOUGLAS COUNTY FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST ON THE WEST, THE STATION IS ABOUT 30 FEET (9.1 M) ABOVE YOU. AFTER YOU SPOT THE STATION BACKUP ABOUT 0.1 MILES (0.2 KM) TO A PULL OFF ON THE EAST, IT IS AN EASY 1-2 MINUTE WALK FROM HERE. THE STATION IS A BRASS DISK SET IN A LARGE ROCK, WALK AROUND TO THE WEST SIDE OF THE LARGE ROCK, IT IS VERY EASY TO GET ON TOP FROM THIS SIDE, THE LARGE ROCK IS 30 FEET (9.1 M) X 15 FEET (4.6 M) X 10 FEET (3.0 M) AND THE TOP IS VERY FLAT, A DOUGLAS COUNTY FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST HAS BEEN SET ON THE TOP OF THIS ROCK ALSO. FOR GPS OBSERVATION THE HIGHER YOU CAN SET YOUR ANTENNA THE BETTER, THE TREES WILL CAUSE CYCLE SLIPS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1994.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.