Details for Benchmark: AA3673
N 37° 05.302 W 113° 35.558 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, UT View Original Datasheet
- FAA SGU A
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1994 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (AJL)
NOTE--NOS STATIONS SGU A 1987 AND SGU B 1987 WERE RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION IN BEDROCK, BUT WILL BE DESTROYED DURING CONSTRUCTION IN THE NEAR FUTURE. THE STATION IS LOCATED ON A LARGE NORTH-SOUTH RIDGE ON THE WEST SIDE OF ST. GEORGE AT THE ST. GEORGE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT, IN BEDROCK ABOUT 200 M (656.2 FT) SOUTH OF CONNECTOR TAXI A-3, AND JUST SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE AIRFIELD. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF ST. GEORGE. AIRPORT MANAGER IS JACK A. JEPPSON, 175 EAST 200 NORTH, ST. GEORGE, UT 84770. PHONE 801-634-5800. CONTACT JOHNNIE JOHNSON, AIRPORT MAINTENANCE, ONE DAY IN ADVANCE FOR PERMISSION TO OCCUPY THIS STATION AND FOR AN ESCORT. PHONE 801-634 5800, PAGER NUMBER 801-634-7296. TO REACH FROM THE OVERPASS AT THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 15 AND STATE HIGHWAY 18 (BLUFF STREET) ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF ST. GEORGE, GO NORHYERLY ON HIGHWAY 18 FOR 2.92 KM (1.80 MI) TO AIRPORT ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, WEST, THEN SOUTH AND UPHILL ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 1.41 KM (0.85 MI) TO THE AIRPORT TERMINAL ON THE RIGHT. CONTINUE AHEAD, SOUTHERLY, ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 0.82 KM (0.50 MI) TO A GATE AT ROAD END. AIRPORT MAINTENANCE WILL ESCORT YOU FROM HERE. STATION MARK IS SET FLUSH IN THE TOP OF A 0.5 M (1.6 FT) X 1.2 M (3.9 FT) AREA OF EXPOSED BEDROCK. IT IS NORTHWEST OF AND ACROSS THE TAXI FROM THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE VOR, 23.1 M (75.8 FT) WEST OF, AND 0.4 M (1.3 FT) LOWER THAN THE CENTER OF THE TAXI, AND 22.7 M (74.5 FT) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE RUNWAY. DESCRIBED BY D.G. AUG
|9/6/1999 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1999 (AJL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON A LARGE NORTH-SOUTH RIDGE ON THE WEST SIDE OF ST GEORGE AT THE ST GEORGE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT IN A DIRT AREA BETWEEN THE RUNWAY AND THE PARALLEL TAXIWAY NEAR THE VOR. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF ST GEORGE, AIRPORT MANAGER IS JACK JEPPSON, 175 EAST 200 NORTH, ST GEORGE, UT 84770. PHONE 435-634-5800. CONTACT ONE DAY IN ADVANCE FOR ESCORT OR PERMISSION TO OCCUPY THIS STATION. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 15 AND STATE HIGHWAY 18 (BLUFF STREET) ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF ST GEORGE GO NORTHERLY ON BLUFF STREET FOR 1.8 MI (2.9 KM) TO A INTERSECTION, TURN LEFT AND GO WESTERLY (UPHILL) ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 0.85 MI (1.37 KM) TO THE TERMINAL ON THE RIGHT, CONTINUE AHEAD AND GO SOUTHERLY ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) TO A GATE AHEAD, PASS THROUGH GATE, TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST ACROSS THE APRON FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO A PARALLEL TAXIWAY, TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTH ON THE TAXIWAY (A) FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS SET INTO A 2 FT (0.6 M) BY 4 FT (1.2 M) AREA OF EXPOSED BEDROCK ABOUT 1.5 FT (0.5 M) LOWER THAN THE TAXIWAY, NORTHWEST OF AND ACROSS THE TAXIWAY FROM THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE VOR, 75.8 FT (23.1 M) WEST OF THE TAXIWAY CENTER AND 74.5 FT (22.7 M) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE RUNWAY. STATION --SGU A 1987-- IS IN THE AREA AND SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH THIS STATION. THIS IS THE PRIMARY AIRPORT CONTROL STATION.
- This mark is at St George Airport (SGU)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.