Details for Benchmark: AA3835
N 42° 36.133 W 086° 13.079 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALLEGAN county, MI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by MIDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (CFS)
STATION IS LOCATED IN QUAD 420861 ON THE GLENN QUADRANGLE MAP. IT IS IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 32, T-3-N, R-16-W, SAUGATUCK TOWNSHIP. ABOUT 6.5 MILES NORTH FROM GLENN, 6 MILES NORTHWEST FROM FENNVILLE, 2.5 MILES SOUTH FROM DOUGLAS, AND ON HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY M-89 AND INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 196, ABOUT 3.5 MILES SOUTH OF DOUGLAS, GO NORTH ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 196 FOR 0.6 MILE TO THE STATION IN THE MEDIAN ON THE LEFT AND ON THE NORTH SIDE OF A MEDIAN CROSSOVER AS DESCRIBED. STATION IS 46 FEET EAST FROM EAST EDGE OF CONCRETE FOR SOUTH BOUND INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 196, 28 FEET NORTH FROM THE CENTER OF GRAVEL MEDIAN CROSSOVER, 24.9 FEET WEST FROM WEST EDGE OF CONCRETE FOR NORTHBOUND INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 196, 19.9 FEET SOUTHEAST FROM THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A CONCRETE CULVERT END SECTION AND 3.0 FEET EAST FROM A METAL WITNESS POST WITH SIGN.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.