Details for Benchmark: AA3837
N 42° 41.454 W 086° 10.222 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALLEGAN county, MI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by MIDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (CFS)
STATION IS LOCATED IN QUAD 420861 ON THE SAUGATUCK QUADRANGLE MAP. IT IS IN THE NORTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 35, T-4-N, R-16-W, LAKETOWN TOWNSHIP. ABOUT 6.5 MILES SOUTHWEST FROM HOLLAND, 5.0 MILES NORTHWEST FROM NEW RICHMOND, 3.0 MILES NORTHEAST FROM SAUGATUCK, AND ON HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF UNITED STATES HIGHWAY 31 AND STATE HIGHWAY M-40 IN HOLLAND, GO SOUTH ALONG UNITED STATES HIGHWAY 31 FOR 3.8 MILES TO THE JUNCTION OF UNITED STATES HIGHWAY 31 AND SOUTHBOUND INTERSTATE 196. CONTINUE SOUTH ALONG SOUTHBOUND INTERSTATE 196 FOR 2.7 MILES TO THE STATION IN THE MEDIAN ON THE LEFT, SOUTH OF A MEDIAN CROSSOVER, AS DESCRIBED. STATION IS 84.5 FEET SOUTH FROM THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A CONCRETE CULVERT END SECTION, 49.5 FEET WEST FROM THE WEST EDGE OF CONCRETE FOR NORTHBOUND INTERSTATE 196, 35 FEET SOUTH FROM THE CENTER OF A GRAVEL MEDIAN CROSSOVER, 21.4 FEET EAST FROM THE EAST EDGE OF CONCRETE FOR SOUTHBOUND INTERSTATE 196, AND 3.0 FEET WEST FROM A METAL WITNESS POST WITH SIGN.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.