Details for Benchmark: AA4618
N 43° 58.084 W 088° 33.457 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WINNEBAGO county, WI View Original Datasheet
- OSH L 1993
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1993 (RAH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED NEAR THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST PARALLEL NORTH-SOUTH TAXIWAY (TAXIWAY P) AT THE WITTMAN FIELD AIRPORT IN OSHKOSH, WI. THE STATION IS SET IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF AN ARRESTING CABLE MARKER BASE. THE STATION IS 194.4 FT (59.3 M) NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF TAXIWAY (P5), 177.9 FT (54.2 M) WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF RUNWAY 18-36, 129.9 FT (39.6 M) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF TAXIWAY (P). THE STATION IS A STANDARD NOS DISK SET IN A DRILL HOLE. FOR ACCESS TO THE AIRPORT AND THE STATION CONTACT MR. RICHARD J. SOKOL, AIRPORT DIRECTOR, WITTMAN FIELD, 525 W 20TH AVE, OSHKOSH, WI. 54901-6871, PHONE (414) 424-0092.
- This mark is at Wittman Regional Airport (OSH)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network. The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.