Details for Benchmark: AA5197
N 39° 44.912 W 105° 23.955 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLEAR CREEK county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1992 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (RSC)
THE STATION WILL BE USED DURING A GPS PROJECT. THE STATION IS APPROXIMATELY 12 MI (19.3 KM) WEST OF GOLDEN ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 6 AND STATE HIGHWAY 119 AT STATE HIGHWAY 119 MILEPOST 0.3 IN THE CENTER OF SECTION 36, T 3 S, R 72 W, 6TH P.M. OWNERSHIP--COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE TRAFFIC LIGHT AT THE EAST JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 6 AND STATE HIGHWAY 119, GO NORTH ON STATE HIGHWAY 119 FOR 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A BRASS DISK SET FLUSH IN THE NORTH ABUTMENT OF A BRIDGE OVER NORTH CLEAR CREEK. IT IS 170.3 FT (51.9 M) NORTH OF THE NORTHEAST FACE OF TUNNEL NUMBER 4, 34.5 FT (10.5 M) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF NORTH CLEAR CREEK, 18.7 FT (5.7 M) EAST OF THE CENTER OF STATE HIGHWAY 119, 2.5 FT (0.8 M) EAST OF A GUARD RAIL, 1.6 FT (0.5 M) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE ABUTMENT, 4.0 FT (1.2 M) SOUTH OF A FIBERGLASS NGS WITNESS POST, AND 0.5 FT (15.2 CM) ABOVE STATE HIGHWAY 119. DESCRIPTION BY K.A. WILLIAMS, CDOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.