Details for Benchmark: AA5369
N 39° 36.054 W 106° 05.385 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUMMIT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1992 by CODOT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1992 (JPC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROX. 2.3 MI (3.7 KM) WEST SOUTHWEST OF SILVERTHORNE IN THE SOUTH CENTER OF SECTION 23, T 5 S, R 78 W, AT INTERSTATE 70 (I-70) MILEPOST 203.0. OWNERSHIP--COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (CDOT). TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE EAST JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 9 AND I-70 (EXIT 205), GO WEST ON I-70 FOR 2.2 MI (3.5 KM) TO A "SCENIC AREA" PULLOUT, PROCEED 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) UP THE PULLOUT TO THE FAR WEST END OF THE SCENIC AREA, THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE LEFT 35 M (114.8 FT) PAST THE LAST PARKING STALL. THE STATION IS A 3-1/4" COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY (CDOH) ALUMINUM CONTROL MONUMENT CAP, SET ON A 3 FT (0.9 M) FINNED ALUMINUM SECURITY ROD ON A 3 FT (0.9 M) SMOOTH ALUMINUM ROD, SURROUNDED BY A 1 M (3.3 FT) DIAMETER MASS OF CONCRETE SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 24.3 M (79.7 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH EDGE OF ASPHALT OF THE WEST BOUND LANES ON I-70, 6.7 M (22.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF ASPHALT OF THE SCENIC AREA ROAD, 33.9 M (111.2 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A LIGHT POST, 10.3 M (33.8 FT) NORTHEAST OF AN "EXIT" SIGN, AND 0.96 M (3.15 FT) WEST OF A CDOT FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST.
|11/30/1994 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (RSC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|08/17/1998 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1998 (KAW)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.