Details for Benchmark: AA5389
N 40° 22.705 W 075° 57.856 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is LEVELING and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERKS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- RDG ARP 2 1963
- Marker Type:
- topographic station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (FHG)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE APPROXIMATE GEOMETRIC CENTER OF READING REGIONAL/CARL A. SPAATZ FIELD ON THE NORTH SIDE OF READING, PENNSYLVANIA.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE GATE ON THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE AIRPORT TERMINAL BUILDING, PROCEED NORTHEAST FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO TAXIWAY B (PARALLEL TO RUNWAY 13-31), TURN LEFT ON TAXIWAY B AND GO 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) TO INTERSECTION WITH TAXIWAY D, TURN RIGHT ON TAXIWAY D AND GO 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO RUNWAY 13-31, TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO A MACADAM DRIVE LEFT, TURN LEFT AND GO 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO STATION ON LEFT.
THE STATION IS 370 FT (112.8 M) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF TAXIWAY D (FORMER RUNWAY 5-23), 320 FT (97.5 M) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF RUNWAY 13-31, 125.4 FT (38.2 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE ANEMOMETER, 97.8 FT (29.8 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE INSIDE CORNER OF ASPHALT FORMED BY TURN AROUND PAD, AND 36.5 FT (11.1 M) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF ACCESS ROAD.
THE STATION IS A CGS TOPOGRAPHIC DISK SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
FOR ACCESS TO STATION AND THE AIRPORT, CONTACT MR. JOHN C. RINEHART, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, READING REGIONAL AIRPORT, R.D.9, BOX 9416, READING PENNSYLVANIA 19605, PHONE (215) 327-4666.
DESCRIBED BY RALPH A. HARREL, CHIEF OF NOS PARTY.
|06/15/1993 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1993
STATION IS LOCATED IN THE TRIANGULAR GRASS AREA FORMED BY THE INTERSECTION OF THE THREE RUNWAYS NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE ROAD TO THE ANEMOMETER SITE AND NEAR THE ANEMOMETER. IT IS 370 FT (112.8 M) EAST OF FORMER RUNWAY 5/23, 320 FT (97.5 M) NORTH OF RUNWAY 13/31, 125.4 FT (38.2 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE ANEMOMETER, 97.8 FT (29.8 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH JUNCTION OF THE ACCESS ROAD AND THE TURNAROUND PAD AND 36.5 FT (11.1 M) NORTHWEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE ACCESS ROAD. A STANDARD USCGS TOPO DISK STAMPED---ARP 2 1963---, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE MONUMENT FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|09/10/1998 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (APF)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- This mark is at Reading Regional Carl A Spaatz Fld Airport (RDG)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling. The vertical network tie was performed by a horz. field party for horz. obs reductions. Reset procedures were used to establish the elevation.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.