Details for Benchmark: AA5414
N 42° 36.927 W 083° 25.953 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OAKLAND county, MI View Original Datasheet
- WEST BLOOMFIELD 1
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by WADTRI (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY WADE-TRIM INCORPORATED 1990 (MS)
US-24 TO ELIZABETH LAKE ROAD, THENCE WEST 2.8 MILES (4.5 KM) ALONG ELIZABETH LAKE ROAD TO COOLEY LAKE ROAD, THENCE SOUTHWEST 3.5 MILES (5.6 KM) ALONG COOLEY LAKE ROAD TO THE MONUMENT AT THE NORTH SIDE OF COOLEY LAKE ROAD. THE MONUMENT IS 137.01 FEET (41.76 M) NORTH EAST FROM A P.K. NAIL AND FLASHER IN THE EAST FACE OF A 38 INCH OAK TREE, 120.56 FEET (36.75 M) WEST NORTHWEST OF A P.K. NAIL AND FLASHER IN A POWER POLE, 214.15 FEET (65.27 M) EAST SOUTHEAST OF A P.K. NAIL AND FLASHER IN THE SOUTH SIDE OF AN 18 INCH OAK TREE, AND 72.56 FEET (22.12 M) WEST SOUTHWEST FROM A P.K. NAIL AND FLASHER IN THE SOUTH FACE OF A POWER POLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.