Details for Benchmark: AA5725
N 43° 49.214 W 096° 24.874 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is LEVELING and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ROCK county, MN View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- aluminum alloy rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by MNDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1991 (DKH)
THE MARK IS LOCATED IN THE SE 1/4 OF SECTION 12, T104N, R47W, 2 MI (3.2 KM) SOUTH OF JASPER. THE MARK IS 2.05 MI (3.30 KM) SOUTH ALONG TH 23 FROM JCT OF TH 23 AND TH 269, AT TH 23 MP 16.6, THEN 0.6 MI (1.0 KM) WEST ALONG A TWP RD, 30 FT (9.1 M) NORTH OF A TWP RD, 7.1 FT (2.2 M) SOUTH OF A FENCE, 58.6 FT (17.9 M) ENE OF THE NORTH LEG OF A RR CROSSING SIGN, AND 2.6 FT (0.8 M) SOUTH OF A WIT POST.
|05/17/1994 by MNDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1994 (DKH)
THE MARK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. THE MARK IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 MI (3.2 KM) SOUTH OF THE TOWN OF JASPER IN THE SE 1/4 OF SECTION 12, T104N, R47W. TO REACH THE MARK FROM THE JCT OF TH 23 AND TH 269 IN JASPER, GO SOUTH ON TH 23 FOR 2.05 MI (3.30 KM) TO TH 23 MP 16.6, THEN GO WEST ON A GRAVEL RD FOR 0.6 MI (1.0 KM) AND THE MARK ON THE RIGHT. THE MARK IS 30 FT (9.1 M) NORTH OF A GRAVEL RD, 58.6 FT (17.9 M) ENE OF THE NORTH LEG OF A RR CROSSING SIGN POST, 7.1 FT (2.2 M) SOUTH OF A FENCE, AND 2.6 FT (0.8 M) SOUTH OF A WIT POST. THE MARK IS A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED---TONS 1991---, SET ON TOP OF A DRIVEN 3/4 INCH DIAMETER BY 23 FT (7.0 M) ALUMINUM ROD AND RECESSED 0.1 FT (3.0 CM) BELOW THE GROUND. A MAGNET IN THE DISK MAKES THE MARK MAGNETIC. RECOVERED AND DESCRIBED BY DAVID K. HERDER, TYPED BY G.W.O.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling. The vertical network tie was performed by a horz. field party for horz. obs reductions. Reset procedures were used to establish the elevation.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.