Details for Benchmark: AA5926
N 47° 09.128 W 120° 56.895 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KITTITAS county, WA View Original Datasheet
- 0030 1992
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1992 by MSI (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MEASUREMENT SCIENCE INCORPORATED 1992
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE COUNTY OF KITTITAS, WASHINGTON, APPROXIMATELY 2.0 MI (3.2 KM) SOUTHWEST OF THE TOWN OF CLE ELUM, AND 4.0 MI (6.4 KM) SOUTHEAST OF VILLAGE OF ROSLYN. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE EXIT 85 OVERPASS ON I-90, PROCEED NORTH ON THE OVERPASS ROAD FOR 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) TO A T-INTERSECTION. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED WEST FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH S.R. 970. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED WEST ON S.R. 970 (FIRST STREET) FOR 2.0 MI, PASSING THROUGH CLE ELUM, TO THE INTERSECTION WITH ROSSETTI STREET. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED SOUTH ON ROSSETTI STREET (LATER FOURTH STREET) FOR 0.9 MI (1.4 KM) TO THE T-INTERSECTION WITH LOWER PEOH POINT ROAD AND WESTSIDE ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED WEST AND SOUTH ON WESTSIDE ROAD FOR 2.0 MI (3.2 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH MOHAR ROAD ON THE LEFT. CONTINUE SOUTH ON WESTSIDE ROAD FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH F.R. 3350 ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED SOUTH AND EAST ON F.R. 3350 FOR 6.5 MI (10.5 KM) TO A 5-WAY INTERSECTION OF ROADS. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED EAST ON F.R. 115 FOR 0.7 MI (1.1 KM) TO A 4-WAY INTERSECTION TURN LEFT AND PROCEED 0.4 MI (0.6 KM) TO THE GATE AND END OF TRUCK TRAVEL. PROCEED NORTH ON FOOT ALONG ROAD FOR 0.6 MI (1.0 KM) TO A GENERATOR SHACK AND THE STATION. THE STATION IS A KITTITAS COUNTY SURVEY DISK (UNSTAMPED) SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN A ROCK OUTCROP FLUSH WITH GROUND LEVEL. THE DISK IS LOCATED 2.1 FT (0.6 M) NORTH FROM EDGE OF FOUNDATION, 1.3 FT (0.4 M) SOUTH OF FENCE LINE, AND 3.4 FT (1.0 M) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF FOUNDATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.