Details for Benchmark: AA6204
N 40° 22.457 W 082° 30.401 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KNOX county, OH View Original Datasheet
- KNOX 17A
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by GEOONE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEOONE INCORPORATED 1993 (SBE)
FROM THE PUBLIC SQUARE IN DOWNTOWN NOUNT VERNON, PROCEED WEST ON STATE ROUTE 3 FOR 2.7 MILES (4.3 KM) TO COLUMBUS ROAD. TURN LEFT (EAST) ONTO COLUMBUS ROAD AND PROCEED 0.15 MILES (0.24 KM) TO THE POINT LOCATED ON THE NORTH SIDE OF COLUMBUS ROAD, JUST EAST OF THE WESTERNMOST DRIVEWAY TO THE KNOX COUNTY HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT FACILITY.
THE CONTROL POINT IS LOCATED 47.3 FEET (14.4 M) NORTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE CENTERLINES OF COLUMBUS ROAD AND THE WESTERNMOST DRIVEWAY TO THE KNOX COUNTY HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT FACILITY AND 47.0 FEET (14.3 M) NORTHWEST OF A PK NAIL IN A POWERPOLE JUST NORTH OF COLUMBUS ROAD.
THE CONTROL POINT IS FLUSH WITH THE SURROUNDING GROUND.
THIS POINT IS INTER-VISIBLE WITH STATION KNOX 17.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.