Details for Benchmark: AA6824
N 42° 18.686 W 083° 05.025 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by WADTRI (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY WADE-TRIM INCORPORATED 1994 (MTM)
STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATLEY 3 MILESSOUTHWEST OF DOWTOWN DETROIT, MICHIGAN ALONG RAILROAD TRACKS AT SWAIN STREET. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE I-75 AND CLARK ROAD (EXIT 47-A) PROCEED SOUTH ON CLARK ROAD 0.1 MILESTO FORT ROAD, THENCE GO EASTERLY ON FORT ROAD 0.25 MILESTO SWAIN STREET, THENCE SOUTH ON SWAIN STREET 0.2 MILESTO THE RAILROAD TRACKS AND THE STATION ON THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT OF CROSSING. THE STATION IS A BRASS "WAYNE COUNTY REMON" CAP SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE TRACK IS N 0 E, 7.84 FEET, CENTERLINE OF SWAIN STREET IS N 90 E, 38.41 FEET, A POLE IS S 45 E, 34.75 FEET, A POLE IS S 10 W, 13.22 FEET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.