Details for Benchmark: AA6859
N 41° 08.418 W 081° 23.012 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH3880 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF KENT OHIO 1993 (DT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 1.5 MI SOUTHWEST OF KENT CITY HALL ON THE EAST SIDE OF MIDDLEBURY ROAD. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTES 261 AND 43 ABOUT 1.1 MI SOUTH OF KENT CITY HALL, TRAVEL WEST ON STATE ROUTE 261 ABOUT 2.0 MI TO THE INTERSECTION OF MIDDLEBURY ROAD ON THE RIGHT NEAR THE KENT CORPORATION LINE AND PORTAGE COUNTY LINE. TURN RIGHT AND TRAVEL NORTH ON MIDDLEBURY ROAD ABOUT 1.5 MI TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD CITY OF KENT BRONZE DISK STAMPED FR-09-02 SET IN A CONCRETE MASS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE WITH RE-BAR FOR MAGNETIC DETECTION. THE STATION IS OPPOSITE AND 48.5 FT FROM A FIRE HYDRANT ACROSS THE STREET. THIS FIRE HYDRANT IS JUST SOUTHWEST OF HOUSE NO. 1178. THE STATION IS ABOUT 12.1 FT FROM THE CENTER OF THE ROAD. IT IS ABOUT 62.8 FT SOUTHWEST OF A MANHOLE ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE STREET AND IS ABOUT 39.0 FT SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE NO. 59BD/3C-13 ALSO ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE STREET. THERE IS CURRENTLY NO DIRECT AZIMUTH MARK FOR THIS STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.