Details for Benchmark: AA6878
N 41° 08.597 W 081° 21.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH3880 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF KENT OHIO 1993 (DT)
THE STATION MARK IS NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF LINCOLN STREET AND SCHOOL STREET IN THE SOUTHEAST PART OF THE CITY OF KENT, OHIO. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF SOUTH WATER STREET (STATE ROUTE 43) AND HAYMAKER PARKWAY (STATE ROUTE 59) NEAR KENT CITY HALL, TRAVEL SOUTH ALONG SOUTH WATER STREET ABOUT 0.6 MI TO THE INTERSECTION OF SCHOOL STREET. TURN LEFT ON TO SCHOOL STREET AND TRAVEL EAST ABOUT 0.3 MI TO THE INTERSECTION OF LINCOLN STREET. TURN LEFT ON TO LINCOLN STREET AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD CITY OF KENT BRONZE DISK STAMPED FR-13-02 SET IN A CONCRETE MASS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE WITH RE-BAR FOR MAGNETIC DETECTION. THE STATION IS ABOUT 18.8 FT EAST OF THE PAVEMENT CENTERLINE OF LINCOLN STREET. A MONUMENT BOX ASSEMBLY SITUATED AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE CENTERLINES OF LINCOLN STREET AND SCHOOL STREET IS 39.2 FT SOUTHWEST OF THE STATION MARK. A FIRE HYDRANT ON THE NORTH SIDE OF SCHOOL STREET JUST EAST OF THE INTERSECTION IS 22.7 FT SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION. STATION MARK FR-13-01 ABOUT 0.3 MI TO THE NORTH ON THE EAST SIDE OF LINCOLN STREET MAY BE USED FOR AN AZIMUTH MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.