Details for Benchmark: AA7132
N 39° 44.430 W 105° 02.880 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DENVER county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (RSC)
THE STATION WILL BE USED DURING A COLORADO HARN DENSIFICATION PROJECT.
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF DENVER, ABOUT 4 MI (6.4 KM) EAST NORTHEAST OF THE DENVER FEDERAL CENTER, 1.5 MI (2.4 KM) WEST OF THE SOUTH PLATTE RIVER AND 1.4 MI (2.3 KM) WEST SOUTHWEST OF MILE HIGH STADIUM, IN THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 31, T 3 S, R 68 W, 6TH P.M. OWNERSHIP--
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF FEDERAL BOULEVARD (U.S. HIGHWAY 287) AND WEST COLFAX AVENUE (U.S. HIGHWAY 40), IN THE CITY OF DENVER, PROCEED WEST ON WEST COLFAX AVENUE FOR 1.15 MI (1.85 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. IT IS LOCATED IN A DIRT STRIP BETWEEN THE NORTH SIDEWALK OF WEST COLFAX AVENUE AND THE SOUTH CURB OF THE PARKING LOT FOR THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS (VFW) LOWRY POST 501 AT 4747 WEST COLFAX AVENUE.
THE STATION IS A 3.25 IN NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY (NGS) HORIZONTAL CONTROL MARK DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST SET LEVEL WITH THE SIDEWALK. IT IS 43.2 FT (13.2 M) NORTHEAST OF POWERPOLE MARKED "2127 148 225 622", 21.2 FT (6.5 M) NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF WEST COLFAX, 18.7 FT (5.7 M) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE ALLEY BETWEEN THE VFW BUILDING AND PARKING LOT, 10.3 FT (3.1 M) EAST SOUTHEAST OF THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH CURB OF THE VFW PARKING LOT, 2.0 FT (0.6 M) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF THE VFW PARKING LOT, AND 1.1 FT (0.3 M) NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE NORTH SIDEWALK OF WEST COLFAX AVENUE.
|04/11/1996 by MSAM (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MOUNTAIN SURVEYING 1996 (RSC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.