Details for Benchmark: AA7224
N 39° 14.075 W 075° 01.929 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1992 by NJSFC (MONUMENTED)
|08/02/1994 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (FAC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN COMMERCIAL TOWNSHIP IN BIVALVE ON THE EAST SIDE OF CHESTER AVENUE ON THE GROUNDS OF THE NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE EXPERIMENT STATION, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY SHELLFISH RESEARCH LABORATORY. PERMISSION TO OCCUPY THE STATION SHOULD BE OBTAINED FROM MR. ROYCE REED, STATE RANGER, PHONE 609 785 0730. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE 47 AND THE SOUTHERN TERMINUS OF STATE ROUTE 55 AT MILEPOINT 20, GO 2.9 MI (4.7 KM) SOUTH ON STATE ROUTE 47 TO THE JUNCTION WITH STATE ROUTE 347 AT A LEFT WYE TURN. CONTINUE SOUTH ON STATE ROUTE 47 FOR 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO THE JUNCTION WITH COUNTY ROAD 670. TURN RIGHT AND GO 1.5 MI (2.4 KM) WEST ON COUNTY ROAD 670 TO THE JUNCTION WITH BUCKSHUTEM ROAD AT A BLINKING YELLOW TRAFFIC LIGHT. CONTINUE WEST AND SOUTH ON COUNTY ROAD 649 TOWARD PORT NORRIS FOR 1.95 MI (3.14 KM) TO A TEE JUNCTION. TURN LEFT AND CONTINUE TOWARD PORT NORRIS FOR 2.6 MI (4.2 KM) TO THE TEE JUNCTION WITH COUNTY ROAD 553 IN PORT NORRIS. TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) NORTHWEST ON COUNTY ROAD 553 TO THE INTERSECTION WITH MEMORIAL DRIVE. TURN LEFT AND GO 0.6 MI (1.0 KM) SOUTH ON MEMORIAL DRIVE TO THE JUNCTION WITH MILLER AVENUE. TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO THE RESEARCH LAB AND THE STATION AHEAD. THE STATION IS IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE PARKING LOT. THE STATION IS 47.5 FT (14.5 M) EAST FROM POLE NUMBER B56314, 24.0 FT (7.3 M) EAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF THE ENTRANCE DRIVE LEADING INTO THE PARKING LOT, 83.6 FT (25.5 M) NORTHWEST FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE WEST ADDITION OF THE RESEARCH BUILDING AND 3.0 FT (0.9 M) EAST FROM AN ANGLE POINT IN A WOODEN GUIDE RAIL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.