Details for Benchmark: AA8581
N 38° 42.232 W 090° 13.364 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In C OF ST LOUIS county, MO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by MODNR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MO DEPT OF NAT RES 1990
STATION, AZIMUTH MARKS AND REFERENCE TIES THE AZIMUTH MARK IS ABOUT 0.3 MILES (0.5 KM) NW ON THE SE SIDE OF HALL STREET (APPROXIMATELY 250 FT SOUTH OF BLAZE AVENUE) AND 43.2 FT (13.2 M) SE OF TH SOUTH RAIL OF A RR X-ING. IT IS 9.29 FT (2.83 M) SE OF THE CORNER POST OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE, 7.28 FEET (2.22 M) FROM A CUT (X) 0.2 FT (6.1 CM) EAST OF SW EDGE OF HALL STREET PAVEMENT, 4.59 FT (1.40 M) SW OF EDGE OF PAVEMENT, 6.62 FT (2.02 M) NNW OF A CUT (X) 0.2 FT (6.1 CM) FROM SW EDGE OF PAVEMENT, 13.88 FT (4.23 M) FROM A BRACED POST IN THE CHAIN LINK FENCE, AND 4.3 FT (1.3 M) NE OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST STATION AND AZIMUTH MARK TO REACH TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE CENTER OF I-70 EXIT 246B (ADELAIDE AVENUE), GO NE ON ADELAIDE AVENUE FOR 0.45 MILES (0.72 KM) TO TRAFFIC LIGHT INTERSECTION WITH HALL STREET. TURN LEFT AND GO NW ON HALL STREET FOR 1.75 MILES (2.82 KM) TO STATION SITE ON RIGHT (NE) SIDE OF STREET AS DESCRIBED. TO REACH THE AZIMUTH MARK FROM THE STATION CONTINUE NORTHWESTERLY ON HALL STREET FOR 0.3 MILES (0.5 KM) TO AZIMUTH MARK SITE ON LEFT (SW) SIDE JUST BEFORE REACHING THE RAILROAD CROSSING AS DESCRIBED. DATE OF REPORT 06-06-1995
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.