Details for Benchmark: AA9246
N 40° 34.336 W 075° 28.980 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LEHIGH county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 1N9 A
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (RAH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 3.0 MI (4.8 KM) SOUTH OF DOWNTOWN ALLENTOWN, AT THE QUEEN CITY AIRPORT, IN THE GRASS MEDIAN BETWEEN THE RUNWAY AND TAXIWAY AT RUNWAY END 25. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF ALLENTOWN. CONTACT JOE WILDMAN, AIRPORT MANAGER, QUEEN CITY AIRPORT, 1730 VULTEE ST, ALLENTOWN, PA 18103, PHONE 610-791-3241.
TO REACH THE AIRPORT FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE 78 (STATE HIGHWAY 309) AND LEHIGH STREET IN SOUTHERN ALLENTOWN, GO NORTH ON LEHIGH STREET 0.8 MI (1.3 KM) TO VULTEE STREET ON LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST 0.35 MI (0.56 KM) TO THE AIRPORT STRAIGHT AHEAD. TO REACH THIS STATION FROM THE AIRPORT ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, ENTER THE GATE ADJACENT TO THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE BUILDING AND PROCEED LEFT, SOUTH FOR ABOUT 250 FT (76.2 M) TO A TAXIWAY, TURN LEFT, SOUTH EAST AND GO 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) ON TAXIWAY TO THE INTERSECTION WITH TAXIWAY B, TURN LEFT, NORTHEAST AND GO 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) ON TAXIWAY TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
LOCATED 68.0 M (223.1 FT) WEST FROM THE CENTERLINE END OF RUNWAY 25, 39.3 M (128.9 FT) SOUTH FROM THE CENTERLINE OF PARALLEL TAXIWAY AT HOLDBAR, 36.2 M (118.8 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE FIRST RUNWAY LIGHT ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE RUNWAY, AND 23.9 M (78.4 FT) NORTHWEST FROM THE EDGE OF RUNWAY.
DESCRIBED BY KRN.
|08/30/1994 by NGS (GOOD)
|11/25/1996 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (AJL)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- This mark is at Allentown Queen City Airport (1N9)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.