Details for Benchmark: AA9268
N 39° 38.456 W 079° 54.947 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONONGALIA county, WV View Original Datasheet
- MGW A
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||EZS-Crew posted a note for AA9268
inaccessable to general public, talked to one of the air traffic controllers and could not gain access
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1994 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (RAH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 2.0 MI (3.2 KM) NORTHEAST OF DOWNTOWN MORGANTOWN AT MORGANTOWN MUNICIPAL AIRPORT, HART FIELD, NEAR MIDFIELD, SET IN A 1.2 M (3.9 FT) BY 0.7 M (2.3 FT) EXPOSED ROCK OUTCROP. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF MORGANTOWN.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE 68 AND STATE ROUTE 857, GO WEST ON STATE ROUTE 857 FOR 1.1 MI (1.8 KM) TO U.S. HIGHWAY 119, STATE ROUTE 857 ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTHERLY ON U.S. HIGHWAY 119 AND STATE ROUTE 857 FOR .65 MI (1.05 KM) WHERE STATE ROUTE 857 AND U.S. 119 SPLIT. TURN LEFT ON STATEROUTE 857 AND PROCEED FOR .05 MI (0.08 KM) TO A SHARP BEND IN THE ROAD AND A STOP SIGN CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD ON THE AIRPORT ENTRANCE ROAD AND PROCEED FOR 0.4 MI (0.6 KM) TO THE TERMINAL BUILDING. UPON GAINING ACCESS TO THE FIELD, PROCEED TO THE TERMINAL BUILDING. CROSS THE APRON TO TAXIWAY C AND PROCEED EAST ON TAXIWAY C ACROSS RUNWAY 18-36, CONTINUE EAST ON TAXIWAY C FOR .05 MI (0.08 KM) TO A GRASS ISLAND AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT NEAR THE ANEMOMETER.
LOCATED 48.8 M (160.1 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE EDGE OF THE TAXIWAY, 40.7 M (133.5 FT) WEST NORTHWEST FROM A SIGN FOR TAXIWAY C, AND 20.1 M (65.9 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM THE ANEMOMETER.
TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE STATION, CONTACT MR. BILL PLUTT, DIRECTOR, MORGANTOWN MUNICIPAL AIRRPORT, 389 SPRUCE STREET, MORGANTOWN, WV, 26505. PHONE (304) 291-7461.
DESCRIBED BY PDL.
|9/19/1994 by NGS (GOOD)
|7/25/1996 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (AJL)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- This mark is at Morgantown Mun Walter L Bill Hart Fld Airport (MGW)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1995.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.