Details for Benchmark: AB2485
N 27° 17.230 W 080° 25.161 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ST LUCIE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- CANAL C2419
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by SFLWMD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY S FL WATER MGMT DIST 1994 (MEH)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 12.0 MI (19.3 KM) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF FT PIERCE, 5.0 MI (8.0 KM) WEST OF PORT ST. LUCIE, 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF INTERSTATE 95 IN SECTION 2, TOWNSHIP 37 SOUTH, RANGE 39 EAST. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE 95 AND GATLIN BOULEVARD WEST OF PORT ST. LUCIE, GO EAST ON GATLIN BOULEVARD FOR 0.7 MI (1.1 KM) TO THE JUNCTION OF SAVAGE BOULEVARD ON THE LEFT, TURN LEFT ON SAVAGE BOULEVARD AND GO NORTHERLY FOR 2.0 MI (3.2 KM) TO THE JUNCTION OF FAIRGREEN ROAD, CONTINUE NORTH ON SAVAGE BOULEVARD FOR 150.0 FT (45.7 M) TO AN ASPHALT ROAD LEADING TO CANAL 24, GO NORTH ON THE ASHPALT ROAD FOR 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO THE TOP OF THE LEVEE AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. LOCATED 131.0 FT (39.9 M) NORTHWEST OF A METAL GATE, 41.8 FT (12.7 M) NORTHEAST OF A SFLWMDDISK AND NAIL IN THE ASPHALT ROAD AND 29.7 FT (9.1 M) SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.