Details for Benchmark: AB2789
N 33° 12.192 W 097° 11.674 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DENTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- DTO D
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (AJS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 25 MI (40.2 KM) NORTHWEST OF DALLAS, 35.0 MI (56.3 KM) SOUTH OF GAINESVILLE, 1.0 MI (1.6 KM) WEST OF DENTON AND AT THE DENTON CITY AIRPORT. OWNERSHIP---CITY OF DENTON, 5000 AIRPORT ROAD, ROUTE 1 BOX 100, DENTON TX. 76205. AIRPORT MANAGER IS JOE THOMPSON. PHONE (817) 383-7702 OR (817) 383-7736. TO REACH THE STATION FROM (EXIT 467) NORTHBOUND LANES OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 35E IN DENTON, EXIT AND GO NORTH ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 0.1 MI. (0.2 KM) TURN LEFT WEST ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 2.15 MI (3.46 KM) TO A T-JUCTION. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTHWEST ON ROAD THAT GOES TO AIRPORT OFFICE FOR 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO A ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH FOR 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A STEEL ROD WITH A PUNCH HOLE IN THE TOP, ENCASED IN A 5 INCH PVC PIPE WITH A LOGO CAP SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 97.0 FT (29.6 M) NORTH OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE FENCE AROUND THE AIRPORT BEACON, 96.6 FT (29.4 M) WEST OF THE EAST CORNER OF A FENCE, 6.4 FT (2.0 M) EAST OF A FENCE AND 3.2 FT (1.0 M) SOUTH OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST.
|02/14/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- This mark is at Denton Muni (DTO) Airport (DTO)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.