Details for Benchmark: AB2828
N 30° 13.577 W 096° 22.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- 11R A
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (AJL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6.4 KM (3.95 MI) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF BRENHAM AT THE BRENHAM MUNICIPAL AIRPORT, NEAR THE NORTH END OF THE TAXI, IN A SMALL GRASS ISLAND BETWEEN THE TAXY AND RUNWAY. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF BRENHAM, P.O. BOX 2298 BRENHAM, TX. 77834. BLUEBONNET AERO, DOUG LUEDEMANN AIRPORT MANAGER, PHONE 409-836-5462. NOTE--CONTACT AIRPORT OFFICE MANAGER ON ARRIVAL. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 105 AND FARM ROAD 50, GO NORTH ON FARM ROAD 50 FOR 1.95 KM (1.20 MI) TO A ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, WEST, FOR 0.8 KM (0.50 MI) TO THE AIRPORT ENTRANCE ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT, NORTH, FOR 0.9 KM (0.55 MI) TO THE AIRPORT OFFICE. GO NORTH BETWEEN OFFICE AND HOUSE TRAILER TO THE APRON AND TAXI. TURN RIGHT, NORTH, ALONG TAXI FOR 1.0 KM (0.60 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. STATION IS 54.5 M (178.8 FT) EAST OF THE RUNWAY CENTERLINE, 21.2 M (69.6 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTH CONNECTOR CENTERLINE, 19.2 M (63.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF A CONNECTOR CENTERLINE, 12.0 M (39.4 FT) SOUTHEAST OF RUNWAY SIGN NUMBER 16, AND 0.4 M (1.3 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE RUNWAY. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. SLEEVE DEPTH DOES NOT MEET CLASS A REQUIREMENTS. BY R.G.H.
- This mark is at Brenham Muni (11R) Airport (11R)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.