Details for Benchmark: AB3294
N 39° 59.373 W 104° 56.430 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, CO View Original Datasheet
- BIG DRY
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1995 by CHANCE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY JE CHANCE AND ASSOCIATES 1995 (FND)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 7 MI (11.3 KM) SOUTHEAST OF ERIE, 8.5 MI (13.7 KM) EAST OF LAFAYETTE, 7 MI (11.3 KM) WEST OF BRIGHTON, 6 MI (9.7 KM) SOUTH OF DACONO, 7 MI (11.3 KM) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THORNTON, IN THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 1, T 1 S, R 68 W, 6TH P.M. OWNERSHIP--UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD$TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 25 AND STATE HIGHWAY 7, GO EAST, SOUTHEAST, AND EAST ALONG HIGHWAY 7 FOR 2.6 MI (4.2 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH COLORADO BOULEVARD (GRAVEL) . TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ALONG COLORADO BOULEVARD FOR 0.25 MI (0.40 KM) TO THE TOP OF A HILL AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT$THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD ADAMS COUNTY BRASS SURVEY MARK DISK STAMPED --BIG DRY 1995-- SET IN THE TOP OF A 24-INCH ROUND CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH GROUND LEVEL. IT IS 94 FT (28.7 M) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF COLORADO BOULEVARD, 17.2 FT (5.2 M) EAST OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD TRACKS, 291 FT (88.7 M) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF MILE MARKER 3/4, 42.5 FT (13.0 M) SOUTHWEST OF A SQUARE WOOD POST, AND 2.0 FT (0.6 M) WEST OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST$DESCRIBED BY F.N. DREXEL
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.