Details for Benchmark: AB3840
N 43° 09.358 W 076° 20.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ONONDAGA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- LOCK 24
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by NYDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NY DEPT OF TRANSP 1995 (RWB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT LOCK 24 OF THE ERIE BARGE CANAL IN BALDWINSVILLE. OWNERSHIP--NEW YORK STATE CANAL CORPORATION. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 48 AND 370 IN BALDWINSVILLE, GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 48 FOR 0.3 KM (0.2 MI) TO THE HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER THE CANAL. CONTINUE SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 48 FOR 15 M (49.2 FT) TO THE JUNCTION OF THE ROAD RUNNING WEST ALONG THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE CANAL. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST ON THE CANAL ROAD FOR .25 KM (0.16 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A SURVEY DISK SET IN THE CONCRETE APPROACH WALL TO THE LOCK. IT IS 17.7 M (58.1 FT) WEST OF THE THIRD ANGLE POINT FROM THE WEST END OF THE CONCRETE WALL, 28.7 M (94.2 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE FENCE POST AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE CEMETERY, 42.2 M (138.5 FT) NORTHWEST FROM A FIRE HYDRANT, AND 0.87 M (2.85 FT) SOUTH FROM THE NORTH EDGE OF THE CONCRETE WALL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.