Details for Benchmark: AB4812
N 40° 33.887 W 103° 08.887 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- 3 WF
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1995 by CODOT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1995
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6 MILES (9.7 KM) SOUTHEAST OF STERLING, ON COUNTY ROAD RIGHT OF WAY, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SEC. 23, T. 7 N., R. 52 W. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF US 6 AND SH 61, GO SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST ON SH 61 FOR 1.7 MILES (2.7 KM) TO JUNCTION WITH COUNTY ROAD 47, GO SOUTH ON COUNTY ROAD 47 FOR 3.35 MILES, (5.39 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT (WEST). STATION MARK IS A BRASS DISK IN A SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 CM ABOVE THE ROAD, 0.6 M SOUTH OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST, 0.15 M EAST OF A BARBED WIRE FENCE, 10.3 M NORTH OF THE CENTER OF A GATE TO A ROAD LEADING WEST AND 7.8 M WEST OF THE CENTER OF A DIRT ROAD (COUNTY ROAD 47).
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.