Details for Benchmark: AB4817
N 40° 34.992 W 103° 29.221 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- JB 37
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1948 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1995 by CODOT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1995
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 MILES (3.2 KM) NORTH OF WILLARD, IN THE SE 1/4 OF SEC. 11, T. 7 N., R. 55 W. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD 11 AND COUNTY ROAD 22, GO NORTH ON COUNTY ROAD 11 FOR 0.1 MILES (0.2 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT (WEST) . STATION MARK IS A BRASS DISK SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN A SANDSTONE OUTCROPPING ABOUT 30 CM ABOVE THE GROUND, 27.3 M WEST OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 11, 18.0 M WEST OF AN OLD FENCE LINE, 19.0 M WEST OF A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.