Details for Benchmark: AB4835
N 40° 55.387 W 102° 48.322 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by MSAM (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MOUNTAIN SURVEYING 1995 (KCH)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.5 MILES (7.2 KM) NORTH CROOK, ABOUT 150 FT (45.7 M) EAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD 81 AND COUNTY ROAD 68, IN THE NW 1/4 OF SEC. 23, T. 11 N., R. 49 W. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE IN CROOK GO SOUTHWEST ON SH 138 FOR 0.2 MILES (0.3 KM) TO SH 55, GO NORTH ON SH 55 FOR 3.6 MILES, (5.8 KM) SH 55 TURNS WEST HERE, CONTINUE NORTH ON COUNTY 81 FOR 1.0 MILES (1.6 KM) TO COUNTY ROAD 68, GO WEST ON COUNTY ROAD 68 FOR ABOUT 150 FT (45.7 M) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT (SOUTH) . THE STATION IS A STANDARD DISK IN A MASS OF CONCRETE, IT IS 300 FT (91.4 M) EAST OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 81, 25 FT (7.6 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 68, 6 FT (1.8 M) EAST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST (NOAA) .
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.