Details for Benchmark: AB5164
N 29° 12.017 W 082° 06.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARION county, FL View Original Datasheet
- 0024 GPS
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a prefabricated concrete post imbedded in the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by FL2270 (MONUMENTED)
|03/21/1994 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (RLT)
THE MARK IS IN OCALA IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD 492 (NE 14TH STREET) AND NE 25TH AVENUE IN SECTION 10, TOWNSHIP 15 SOUTH, RANGE 22 EAST. TO REACH THE MARK FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE 75 AND U.S. HIGHWAY 27 ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF OCALA, GO SOUTHEAST AND EAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 27 FOR 2.80 MI (4.51 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 441, 301 (N PINE AVENUE) AND COUNTY ROAD 492 (NE 10TH STREET) CONTINUE EAST ON COUNTY ROAD 492 (NE 10TH STREET WHICH TURNS TO NE 14TH STREET NEAR THE BRIDGE) FOR 2.40 MI (3.86 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION OF NE 25TH AVENUE AND THE MARK ON THE LEFT, IN THE TOP OF A 0.5 FT (15.2 CM) X 0.5 FT (15.2 CM) PREFABRICATED CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND 0.4 FT (12.2 CM) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROADS, 22.8 FT (6.9 M) NORTHWEST OF A CONCRETE POWER POLE NUMBER 64105-0523-27013, 21.2 FT (6.5 M) NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF COUNTY ROAD 492 (NE 14TH STREET) , 16.2 FT (4.9 M) SOUTHEAST OF A WOODEN POWER POLE NUMBER F380 WITH A GUY WIRE ATTACHED, 10.9 FT (3.3 M) EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF NE 25TH AVENUE, 6.2 FT (1.9 M) SOUTH OF A RED FIRE HYDRANT AND 1.4 FT (0.4 M) WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1996.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.